– Poland:Underestimate Lewandowski & Co. at your peril
Marquezs trying road to fifth World Cup with Mexico
De Bruyne destroys Januzaj in training tackle
Poland put Lewandowskis stamp on World Cup
– Sweden:Theyre united without Zlatan Ibrahimovic but struggling for form
– Iceland:Dont expect underdogs to escape the group
– Nigeria:Goalkeeping issues will ruin a talented squad
-Make your picks with ESPN FC Match Predictor 2018!
Portugal are a dangerous underdog vs. Spain
World Cup stories: Jayaditya Gupta in Russia
– France:Semifinals a realistic aim if Pogba, Griezmann & Co. unite
World Cup diaries: Blaming Buenos Aires in quirky Ekaterinburg
– Croatia:Modric, Rakitic the key to a last-16 appearance
Read the team previews in Spanish here.
World Cup Daily: Griezmann goes nowhere, Russia roll
– Russia:Do weak hosts have easiest group ever?
– Tunisia:Injuries will derail underdogs before they get started
– Germany:Champs boast depth but Manuel Neuers fitness a concern
– Ogden:Who will make the England squad?
– Argentina:Messi has to bring home the trophy
– Switzerland:Dont expect Shaqiri & Co. to stick around
– Portugal:Can Ronaldo lead Euro 2016 champs to global glory?
– Belgium:Golden generation led by De Bruyne must deliver
– Panama:First World Cup should provide platform to build for future
ESPN FC is previewing every team ahead of the opening game on June 14 in English, Spanish and Portuguese to give a truly global feel to our team profiles. Heres what you need to know about the 32 teams set to do battle in Russia beginning on June 14.
Colombia practice goal celebration dance moves
The 2018 World Cup might be missing some big nations, but thats what makes this tournament the best in sports. Brazil are looking to bounce back from a travesty in 2014, while Spain, Argentina and France are hoping to dethrone defending champions Germany and their typically deep squad. Can Belgium or Portugal make a splash? Do England have what it takes to challenge too?
World Cup 2018 team previews: What you need to know about all 32 teams
– Peru:Hope rests with defence, Guerrero and Farfan
Hierro capable of putting out the fire, uniting Spain
– Costa Rica:Ticoshoping for repeat run to quarterfinals
Read the team previews in Portuguese here.
– Vickery:Few surprises in Brazils 23-man squad
– Colombia:James Rodriguez & Co. will accept nothing less than Round of 16
– Serbia:Raw squad led by Mitrovic, Milinkovic-Savic hoping to shock
– Senegal:It will take more than Sadio Mane to make an impact
Russias Cheryshev earns redemption after Real Madrid mess
Germanys secret weapon at World Cup: technology
Suarez misfires but Uruguay beat Salah-less Egypt
– Iran:Team Melli are fighting for pride in 2018
– Uruguay:Suarez and Cavanis goals enough to reach the semifinals
– England:Can Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling carry the Three Lions?
Searching for American fans at the World Cup
Argentina, Messi must embrace the chaos vs. Iceland
Osorio keeping everyone guessing regarding Mexicos tactics
– Denmark:Eriksen the key if Danes are to escape the group
– Japan:Sudden coaching change spells doom
– Mexico:Is this the year they finally crack the round of 16?
Gimenez brilliant in securing Uruguay win vs. Egypt
– Spain:Andres Iniesta, Spain poised to reclaim World Cup from Germany
– Dove:Injuries leave Tunisia woefully short
Will Deschamps gambling pay off for France?
– Australia:Socceroos facing uphill battle under new manager
Golovin 8/10, sub Cheryshev 7/10 as Russia make dream start
– Morocco:Escaping the group will require some serious upsets
– Marshall:Guardado surgery gives Mexico, Osorio a headache
– Egypt:Pharaohs fortunes come down to one player… Salah
– Brazil:Selecao, Neymar hungry to avenge 7-1 humiliation in 2014
Griezmanns LeBron-style Decision a bad idea
– Saudi Arabia:New coach faces tall task to gel average squad
Mexicos 10 tactical commandments under Osorio
– South Korea:Son Heung-Min not enough in tournaments hardest group